Sunday, March 31, 2013

Making Movies/The Noise FM Show

Hey y'all - so I haven't blogged in quite some time and I apologize. JK I'm totally not sorry.

So I went to a show at Township last night and it was pretty awesome. I am a fan of Chicago band The Noise FM and was pretty pumped when I saw they were having a show. I was even more pumped when my friend told me she was a big fan of the band they were playing with: Kansas City's Making Movies.

Now, I am the type of person who needs to be places on time. I am extremely punctual and will have a downright pseudo panic attack if I feel like I am going to be somewhere late. So the event's Facebook page said the show started at 8, so clearly, I showed up at 7:55. I thought it was kind of odd the show was starting so early, but I went with it.

Well I ended up sitting there by myself for a good 10 minutes before my friends showed up, who then berated me  because I am so punctual and forced them to leave the house before 11:00 at night, god forbid. Guys, the show didn't start until 10:00. So yeah, we sat there at the bar drinking PBR for 2 hours before the music began. Whatevs, its all good. #drunk

So I'm not going to lie to you because I am a truly honest person. I wasn't really paying attention to the first band because I was busy playing with the Nudifier app on my iPhone (it's hilarious, please download it), but they were not bad at all. They definitely had a Latin flavor.  After them, the Noise FM played. I first heard this band at a Toys for Tots charity event at Subterranean in Wicker Park. They are an indie-rock, keyboard-y band with some fast dance-y beats. They also sell Boy Meets World erotic fan fiction at their show, which gets a big thumbs up from me. I danced a little and swayed my hips to the beat like a true middle aged white man. They rocked it out though, for sure.

After The Noise FM played, my life was changed.  Making Movies took center stage. I had never heard them, but like I said earlier, my friend likes them alot so I was like, ok ok, this could be good. They were amaze. Making Movies is a very Latin sounding group but they also rocked the fuck out. The dreadlocked singer sang in Spanish, which, quite frankly, made me want to drop my panties a little bit.  Also the bass player was incredibly good looking but that is besides the point (hey boo, wanna hang? holler). The crowd went pretty cray cray for them.  Suddenly I turned into a classically trained salsa dancer. Everyone was just so into  it, it was so much fun listening to them play, although I had absolutely no idea what they were singing about, as I do not speak Spanish. But it didn't even matter. I was feeling the music. They ended their set with a song called Lo Que Quiero, which was a song with audience participation, and everyone was just feeling it. I was a sweaty mess by the end of it. The body heat was just too much.

So overall, both the Noise FM and Making Movies get an A. I am also super stoked about having a new favorite band, Making Movies. You guys rocked.

http://www.thenoisefm.net/
http://www.makingmoviesband.com/

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment